Analog snare drum synthesis with external input.
From classic electro snares to warping, alien percussion, the Mutant Snare is a radical departure from the static sounds of the 808!
MIX and DRIVE
- MIX lets you blend between the SHELL and SNAPPY tones that make up the overall snare drum
- turn up the DRIVE to get overdriven snare tones with intense harmonics. The purple LED indicates when the snare begins to overdrive
- like the other Mutant Drums, signal levels have been normalized for modular level input and output (up to 20Vpp)
SHELL synthesizes the drum skins
- analog bridged-t sinewave oscillators, for those organic-sounding tones we've come to love from the 808
- TONE control blends between the two sinewaves of different frequency
- SHELL PITCH lets you tune one of the sine waves, to change the pitch of your snare drum
SNAPPY adds some noise to the snare
- an analog white noise generator feeds the SNAPPY circuit
- an external input lets you patch any sound source you like into the SNAPPY generator
- voltage control of SNAPPY decay
- SNAPPY feeds into an analog selectable high-pass or band-pass filter
- voltage control of filter cutoff frequency
- when nothing is plugged into the cutoff CV input, the SNAPPY envelope OR the adjustable sinewave from the SHELL generator normalize through the CV attenuverter for cutoff CV. A jumper on the back of the module allows you to select which of these internal modulation signals are routed here
- filter has three resonance settings: classic 808 (low resonance), high resonance, and self oscillation
- bipolar attenuators (aka: 'attenuverters') on CV inputs
Be the first to
Leave a Review
WarrantyFactory warranty 12 months from date of purchase.