Analog snare drum synthesis with external input.
From classic electro snares to warping, alien percussion, the Mutant Snare is a radical departure from the static sounds of the 808!
These are COSMETICALLY BLEMISHED, but fully functional modules from the Hexinverter factory. These modules may have minor panel scratches and dents, colour or labelling imperfections on the panel or PCB artwork, but otherwise come completely new in retail packaging.
** YOU WILL RECEIVE A RANDOMLY SELECTED BLEMISHED MODULE! UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT TRACK THE EXACT BLEMISHES ON OUR DISCOUNTED BLEMISH INVENTORY. **
MIX and DRIVE
- MIX lets you blend between the SHELL and SNAPPY tones that make up the overall snare drum
- turn up the DRIVE to get overdriven snare tones with intense harmonics. The purple LED indicates when the snare begins to overdrive
- like the other Mutant Drums, signal levels have been normalized for modular level input and output (up to 20Vpp)
SHELL synthesizes the drum skins
- analog bridged-t sinewave oscillators, for those organic-sounding tones we've come to love from the 808
- TONE control blends between the two sinewaves of different frequency
- SHELL PITCH lets you tune one of the sine waves, to change the pitch of your snare drum
SNAPPY adds some noise to the snare
- an analog white noise generator feeds the SNAPPY circuit
- an external input lets you patch any sound source you like into the SNAPPY generator
- voltage control of SNAPPY decay
- SNAPPY feeds into an analog selectable high-pass or band-pass filter
- voltage control of filter cutoff frequency
- when nothing is plugged into the cutoff CV input, the SNAPPY envelope OR the adjustable sinewave from the SHELL generator normalize through the CV attenuverter for cutoff CV. A jumper on the back of the module allows you to select which of these internal modulation signals are routed here
- filter has three resonance settings: classic 808 (low resonance), high resonance, and self oscillation
- bipolar attenuators (aka: 'attenuverters') on CV inputs
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: B-HEU-MSNAWidth: 3.95Height: 6.75Depth: 2.35Width: 13HPDepth: 30mmPower Consumption: +50, -50mAWarranty: 1 year from purchase date
WarrantyFactory warranty 12 months from date of purchase.