Dual Function Generator and VCA pairs.
Galilean Moons is a dual amplitude transmutator. It transmutates the amplitude of incoming signals through the use of voltage controlled envelopes and VCAs.
These are COSMETICALLY BLEMISHED, but fully functional modules from the Hexinverter factory. These modules may have minor panel scratches and dents, colour or labelling imperfections on the panel or PCB artwork, but otherwise come completely new in retail packaging.
** YOU WILL RECEIVE A RANDOMLY SELECTED BLEMISHED MODULE! UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT TRACK THE EXACT BLEMISHES ON OUR DISCOUNTED BLEMISH INVENTORY. **
- Two voltage controlled digital functions (envelopes), each normalised to their own low-distortion linear, DC-coupled voltage controlled amplifier
- Each envelope offers percussive attack/decay, attack/sustain/release or looping (LFO) mode
- Envelopes can each be linear or exponential
- Enables a new noise output, “XOR”, if plugged into a Jupiter Storm behind the panel. (everything besides the XOR output works with or without a Jupiter Storm!)
- VCA inputs are normalised to the newly-enabled XOR and main (“I”) output of Jupiter Storm when nothing else is plugged in
- The envelopes and VCAs can be fully utilised elsewhere in your system by plugging into the corresponding function’s jacks
- Great for synthesizing voltage controlled percussion and other effects
Galilean Moons is designed primarily to create voltage controlled percussive sounds when fed with a sound source (in particular, its sister module, Jupiter Storm), but can be used for all sorts of other tasks in your modular system as well as to generate typical synth sounds.
Galilean moons features two “Moons”. Each Moon is composed of a voltage controlled attack/decay envelope with its own dedicated low-distortion linear VCA. Each envelope can also act as attack/sustain/release or can go into LFO/automatic looping mode with the flick of a switch.
Galilean Moons will normalise its VCA inputs to a Jupiter Storm cosmic noise oscillator through a simple expansion cable at the back, but it can also function standalone in any modular system. Of course, the new Jupiter Storm noise output, “XOR”, which is activated by connecting a Galilean Moons to your Jupiter Storm, will not function without a Jupiter Storm. This is the only feature which requires a Jupiter Storm to be connected.
The XOR noise output sounds similar to (but not exactly like) Jupiter Storm with the Noise Core Disruptor is engaged. This allows you to get more flavours of noise from Jupiter Storm, expanding its versatility.
The VCAs and voltage controlled envelopes can each be used on their own in your system when you don’t want to use them the way they are internally linked together. Plugging a signal into any of the respective jacks will break the internal connections and let you use the components on their own. You can use the linear, DC-coupled VCAs to control DC signals in your system when not using the module for its intended use, for example.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: B-HEU-GMNSWidth: 3.95Height: 6.75Depth: 2.35Width: 18HPDepth: 35mmPower Consumption: +88, -65mAWarranty: 1 year from purchase date
WarrantyFactory warranty 12 months from date of purchase.